General Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions (date 15.08.2014)
Terms are only valid for purchases through Laserworld (Switzerland) AG. For U.S. Sales Terms please refer to our U.S. website www.laserworld.us. For Chinese terms please refer to our Chinese website www.laserworld.cn.
General Terms and Conditions of
Laserworld (Switzerland) AG
§ 1 Scope
The hereunder stated general terms and conditions state the contractual terms and conditions between you and Laserworld (Switzerland) AG, Supervisory board Mr. Martin Werner, Kreuzlingerstrasse 5, 8574 Lengwil /Switzerland.
§ 2 Duty of Secrecy
(1) We will treat your personal data (Title, Name, Address, Date of Birth, Email Address, Phone number, Fax Number, Bank details) according to the Swiss obligation of secrecy.
(2) When accessing our website www.laserworld.com or any of the other websites or online representations operated by the Laserworld (Switzerland) AG the following information will be recorded: Name of the accessed file, date and time, data volume, report of data transfers, web browser, domain and IP-address.
(3) Your personal and digitally recorded data will be used exclusively for internal use only, e.g. for shipping or statistic action. Your data will not be made available to third party.
(4) A complete record of your personal data, saved with us, can be communicated to you upon written request. In case of a withdrawal of the personal data recording from your side, we will immediately delete all personal data recorded about you. The withdrawal / request for information can be sent to: Laserworld (Switzerland) AG, Kreuzlingerstrasse 5, Lengwil / Switzerland; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
§ 3 Conditions of Payment
(1) Products and prices shown on our website www.laserworld.com are no offers with obligation. A binding offer results from your order, referring to the Swiss Code of Obligations. In case of acceptance we send you a confirmation by e-mail
(2) The purchase price is due at the closure of the contract. The payment of the goods is done through bank transfer or cash payment in advance, unless agreed differently.
(3) Failure to settle an invoice on time incurs a default interest of 8% per annum without prior notice and all charges created by collection of outstanding payments need to get refund by the customer.
§ 4 Retention of Title
The right of ownership will only be transferred to you after the payment is received successfully.
§ 5 Conditions of Delivery
(1) Shipment of goods is done according to the agreed conditions with you.
(2) Costs of shipment are listed in the product descriptions and are being listed separately on the invoice. We inform you that shipping to foreign countries may cause additional taxes and/or fees.
(3) In case of merchants, services are done according to the Swiss Code of Obligations in 8574 Lengwil, Switzerland.
§ 6 Right of Withdrawal
Consumers have the right of withdrawal right below shown under "Cancellation Policy". A consumer is any natural person who enters into a transaction for purposes which can be attributed mainly neither commercial nor their independent vocational activity.
I. Cancellation Policy:
(1) A consumer has the right to cancel the contract within 14 days without giving reasons.
(2) The right of withdrawal is 14 days. It starts from the date on which the last product is received by the customer or any third party, who is designated by the customer and is not a carrier at the same time.
(3) To exercise the right of withdrawal, it is necessary that we, the
Laserworld (Switzerland) AG
Phone: 0041- 71 677 80 80
Fax: 0041- 71 / 677 80 88
by means of a clear statement (e.g. consigned by a letter, fax, e-mail or telephone) will be informed of the decision to revoke the contract. Find all details of the right of withdrawal here: https://www.laserworld.com/en/legal-statements/right-of-withdrawal.html
(4) In order to keep the withdrawal period it is sufficient if the declaration on the exercise of the right of withdrawal is dispatched before the expiry of the cancellation period.
II. Consequences of the withdrawal:
(1) In case of cancellation of this contract, we will refund all payments that we have received from you immediately, at the latest within 14 days and free of charge. The period begins on the day on which we have received the notice of revocation of this contract. This also relates to the shipping costs (except for the additional costs incurred because of as you have chosen a different shipping method than the cheapest standard shipping, offered by us). For the refund we use the same method of payment that you used in the original transaction, unless we explicitly agreed otherwise.
(2) We may withhold the refund until the goods are not received by us or there is no evidence that the goods have been returned to us; whichever is the earlier date.
(3) The product has to be returned to us or handed it over immediately, at the latest within 14 days from the day we were informed of the cancellation of this contract. The deadline is met if you send the goods before the deadline of 14 days. You bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
(4) If a loss of value of the goods has occurred, you have to pay for it only when this value loss is due to a not necessary handling.
III. Exclusion of right of withdrawal:
(1) This right of withdrawal does not apply at contracts for the delivery of goods which we have produced according to your specifications or which have been tailor-made according to your personal needs or because of their nature, why they cannot be returned. Furthermore this right of withdrawal does not apply at contracts for the delivery of audio or video recordings or software if the delivered data carriers were sealed and this seal was removed after delivery.
§ 7 Limited Warranty
(1) For the case of delivered goods which are defective, consumer has the legal regulations as far as not marked differently in the following terms.
(2) Used goods have a warranty of one year to end-customers referring to the legal start of limitation. This does not apply to merchants and firms.
(3) If the customer is a merchant in terms of the Swiss Code of Obligations he/she has a warranty of one year on new goods referring to the legal start of limitation.
§ 8 Laserworld Guarantee
In addition to warranty services prescribed by law, Laserworld (Switzerland) AG also provides a guarantee defined by the following regulations:
(1) The Laserworld (Switzerland) AG provides a guarantee for all damages arising during a period of two years starting from the passing of the risk, provided it can be proven that such damages were caused by a material deficiency or manufacturing error.
(2) Excluded from the guarantee and only covered by the limited warranty described in §7 Limited Warranty are:
- Used equipment
- Product defects caused by use or other wear and tear, explicitly laser sources and scanner systems.
- Coherent OPSL laser sources
- Product defects caused by insufficient attention to the technical instructions for use, by the inappropriate use of the article, or due to atypical environmental conditions, operating conditions foreign and inappropriate to the article, excessive implementation of the article, inadequate maintenance or insufficient care.
- Product defects caused by the utilization of accessories, supplementary or replacement parts which are not original components of the article
- Products which have themselves been altered or supplemented as a whole
- Minor deviations from the normal state of the purchased article which are not significant in respect to the value or utility of the article.
(3) Laser sources made by the manufacturers Ray Technologies (RTI) and SwissLas are covered by the Laserworld Guarantee
(4) The Laserworld Guarantee only applies for products purchased after the 01.08.2013
(5) Product defects which should receive guarantee protection – as determined by the Laserworld AG – are to be corrected in the following way: The defective article will either be repaired free of charge as decided Laserworld AG, or the defective article will be replaced by a fully functional equivalent (in some cases a later version). Products and product parts which have been replaced become the property of Laserworld (Switzerland) AG.
(6) Guarantee claims must be raised within the official guarantee period.
(7) Claims other than those named in these guarantee conditions concerning the correction or compensation of product defects are not covered by this guarantee. The provision of guarantee services neither prolongs nor renews the guarantee period for the article in question.
§ 9 Limitation of liability
All other claims and losses than injuries of life, body and health are only accounted for by us when negligence or breach of contract through us or auxiliary person is involved. Liability in terms of the Product Liability Act will remain unaffected.
§ 10 Final Provisions
(1) For all business relations to Laserworld (Switzerland) AG Swiss law applies. UN-merchant law is excluded. Necessary clauses of your home country will be taken into account.
(2) For contracts with merchants in terms of Swiss Code of Obligations, place of jurisdiction is Lengwil, Switzerland. Opposing general terms and conditions are explicitly void.
(3) If part of this contract is void due to national regulations, the contract as a whole is still regarded as valid.